Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Changes

Though not much has been going on here, on my blog, lots has been going on in my life. I've experienced some pretty significant changes in the past couple of weeks and I'm in a completely different place in my life.

I graduated college about ten days ago which was a huge accomplishment for me; looking back at my choices at various forks in the road makes me glad that I stuck it out and finished right on schedule! It was great to complete my goals and I know that it meant a lot to my family; which is one of the most important points for me.

I live in Downtown Los Angeles now! I moved into a loft with a couple of friends, on the first of this month, and here I am a week later; still trying to adjust and get settled in. Yesterday was my first day feeling like a local; my roommate Chris and I rode our bikes down to skid row to visit my grandmother (Gwams) who works at the Catholic Worker soup-kitchen; it was cool to see her in her element in the hectic grind that drives that area.

From there Chris and I rode up to the LA county library, signed up as members, and gave ourselves a self-guided tour of the place. It was HUGE! They had several floors, fantastic architecture, tons of historic documents displayed as art and they even had a Yousuf Karsh exhibit! We came back home after that, so that I could get ready for a shoot and when that was through a few of us went kite-flying on our roof; it was awesome!

Later on in the day my good friend Adam and I walked through the fashion district, the garment district, on down to Santee Alley; it was hectic and fascinating and it was cool to see where all the materials, bits and pieces come from that drive such a huge industry.

The night ended by signing up at our local video store, Old Bank DVD, which had a great selection, good prices and a rad vibe! From there we headed back home to watch a movie and unwind.

All in all, it was a fantastic day, it's been a fantastic couple weeks of transition and I have so much more to look forward to!






1 comment:

  1. hahahaha Yes! You guys were flying kites from the roof!!! So awesome! Yeah, life is a lot easier when you are close to friends. Your going to do great Jesse! Glad to hear that your getting settled in :)

    ReplyDelete