Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Small Slice of America

Today I had a Japanese lesson, which ended in the early afternoon. I was left with nothing to really do so I decided to conduct some internet research on the Costco locations, here in Japan. I didn't know why, at the time, but I was super-keen on making a mission out to one. I got all my moves itemized and made the moves necessary to get out there. It took me a little over an hour to get close, by train, and then I spent another hour or less walking to the location. I didn't know what to expect, I mean we're talking about a huge American business chain, smack-dab in the middle of Japan! I was curiously giddy as I crossed through the doors; they scanned my card and I was in. I started laughing out loud as I made my way throughout the warehouse. It was exactly like being back home; it was a trip! I didn't really grab too much. Partly because I had to take all of my purchases home, by hand, but mostly because there's not much I really ever get from Costco these days. It was more about the experience for me and that's exactly what it was; an experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment